Together with the team behind Kaggle, we have developed a free interactive tutorial on how to apply Machine Learning Techniques that can be used in your Kaggle competitions. Step by step, through fun coding challenges, the tutorial will learn you how to predict survival rate for Kaggle's Titanic competition using R and Machine Learning. Start the Machine Learning with R tutorial now!
This free R tutorial is provided by DataCamp, an online interactive education platform that offers courses in data science and R programming. Each course is built around a certain data science topic, and combines video instruction with in-browser coding challenges so that you can learn by doing. You can start every course for free, whenever you want, wherever you want.
The Machine Learning Tutorial
In this Machine Learning tutorial, you will gradually learn how basic machine learning techniques can help you to make better predictions. Go through all the steps, upload your results to Kaggle, and see your ranking go up. No need to install anything. Everything will take place in the comfort of your own browser. Learn:
- How to load and manipulate your data set using R.
- Make basic predictions using variables such as age and gender.
- How to create your first decision tree.
- How to make use of feature engineering to improve results.
- What exactly 'overfitting' means, and how to avoid it.
- How to make use of the ML technique Random Forests.
← Back to blog