View all openings
Front-End Web Designer
Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 800,000 students around the world have completed nearly 50 million DataCamp exercises to date!
We are looking for a motivated Front-End Web Designer to combine the art of design with the techniques of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the Product Manager and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Cross browser support of the UI
- Collaborate with other developers in the team
What are we looking for
- You are able to develop ownership of a product or feature.
- You have built cool stuff before.
- You have experience with SASS (SCSS).
- You know how to use jQuery.
- You have a basic knowledge of image authoring tools: to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- You are able to understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- SCSS structuring experience using OOCSS, BEM etc.
- You have a deep understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with Ruby (on Rails) is a plus - but not a requirement.
- You are passionate about Data Science.
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative, flexible and international start-up, you’ll enjoy the following:
- A competitive salary including a company car.
- Stock options in an early stage start-up with a lot of growth potential.
- Flexibility: Want to work from home? Want to take a week off to go on holidays? Want to work different hours? We can work something out.
- Free lunch every day, when working from our Leuven's office.
- Opportunity to work in an internationally focused, fast-paced technology start-up.
- Exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.