View all openings
Front-End Web Developer
Join our team!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 1 million students around the world have completed nearly 50 million DataCamp exercises to date!
We are looking for a motivated Front-End Web Designer to combine the art of design with the techniques of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
You will work with the Product Manager and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. We expect this role to become a crucial part of the team, helping to guide product development decisions, owning the development plan for new features, and helping our team execute future roadmap strategies.
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient front-end code for the DataCamp application.
- Use our styleguide to build features from reusable components and build new, reusable components for new experiences.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Rapidly prototype new features and streamline our deployment process
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Share expertise with engineering teammates
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years experience as a front-end developer
- A portfolio of designed and coded work
- Experience using Git for source control
- Strong understanding of at least one popular server side MVC Framework
- Previous experience as a technical lead
- Active contributor to open source software
- Having worked on a software product
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative, flexible and international start-up, you’ll enjoy the following:
- A competitive salary including a company car.
- Stock options in an early stage start-up with a lot of growth potential.
- Flexibility: Want to work from home? Want to take a week off to go on holidays? Want to work different hours? We can work something out.
- Free lunch every day, when working from our Leuven's office.
- Opportunity to work in an internationally focused, fast-paced technology start-up.
- Exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.