View all openings
Team Lead, Engineering
Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 800,000 students around the world have completed nearly 50 million DataCamp exercises to date!
The Team Lead will mentor and guide one of the largest engineering teams at DataCamp. In this position, you will be responsible for building, driving, and delivering creative and compelling products in conjunction with our Product Managers. You will also inspire your team members to work hard, assisting with technical questions, and ensuring everyone on the team is happy and productive. You will:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to engineering team members.
- Be a leader in defining the architectural direction of new features and products.
- Understand the business product roadmap by working with PMs to plan for the future with enthusiasm.
- Ensure software development standards and processes are followed and work towards continuous improvement in this area.
- Assist in hiring and training new employees.
What are we looking for
- Ideally, you have 2+ years experience as a technical lead or manager.
- You have excellent communication and people leadership skills.
- You have at least 2 years of web development experience, preferably in Rails or similar framework.
- Proven ability to recruit, hire, train, and enthusiastically grow organizations.
- An evidence-based approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Ownership of their team and the services they develop.
- Good planning and estimation skills.
- A mindset of shipping products.
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative, flexible and international start-up, you’ll enjoy the following:
- A competitive salary including a company car.
- Stock options in an early stage start-up with a lot of growth potential.
- Flexibility: Want to work from home? Want to take a week off to go on holidays? Want to work different hours? We can work something out.
- Free lunch every day, when working from our Leuven's office.
- Opportunity to work in an internationally focused, fast-paced technology start-up.
- Exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.