DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 1.3 million students around the world have completed over 80 million DataCamp exercises to date!
We are seeking an organized, self-driven and multi skilled financial profile to join our growing team in the US. If you get excited by getting the numbers right, finding your way through business administration, helping to grow the sales organisation and keep costs under control, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
The position will report to the Director of finance and operations (based in Belgium) and have a close link towards the Sales and HR leads in the US. Since we’re a small team and you will be the sole financial person in the US, you’ll have the opportunity to take responsibility from day one. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to work in an early stage company and to grow with the organisation.
- Accounting: be responsible for monthly US financial reporting, year close and tax filings (sales, local, state and federal) in collaboration with an external CPA firm
- Financial control: oversee and run the US based A/P and A/R processes and tools, implement budgeting and expense control processes
- Administration: handle all business related administration, e.g. W-9s, W8BEN, EIN forms, insurance, business registrations, mailing, expenses reimbursements, filing and record keeping
- Reporting and budgeting: support forecasting, managerial reporting and ad-hoc financial and business related analysis
- Sales: support the B2B sales team in A/R, RFPs/ vendor setup, contract reviews
- Support as needed with other Fin and Ops tasks, e.g. assist in payroll and HR administration as needed, equity plan administration, performance review cycles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA or CMA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education (extensive knowledge of US GAAP)
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience either in-house or accounting firm, ideally in accounting and reporting for a US based growing SAAS business
- Experience with QBO, Expensify and/or similar accounting/budgeting/expense software
- A wizard in Excel/ Google sheets and proficient in MS Office/ Google Suite, Mac OS
- Some experience with business related administration, e.g. HR, insurances, etc… a plus. The same holds for experience and savviness with regards sales contracts
- Being proactive, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position
- Willing to work out of our NY office
How to apply:
- If you want to be seriously considered for this role, please include a brief cover letter. A few concise lines about what attracts you in DataCamp and why you are a great fit for us is all we are looking for
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage start-up
- 100% of medical & dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)