About DataCamp & the role:
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 1.5 million students around the world have completed over 80 million DataCamp exercises to date!
As our Product Manager - User experience, you will drive innovation and set product direction for important features such as the student dashboard, the DataCamp community section, gamification, our pricing pages and more. You will do this through rapid experimentation and data driven execution. Some of the question you will need to tackle every day:
- How can we help students to better navigate through our of curriculum of learning materials?
- How can we increase student engagement via gamification, goal setting, and tailored learning paths?
- How can data help you to set the next priorities for the DataCamp community section?
You will form a dedicated product team with partners in design, engineering, marketing and sales. We believe in a decentralized model with a high level of freedom and ownership at the lowest level. You will be responsible for setting and achieving your own outcomes and roadmap based on the company vision and quarterly goals.
The ability to communicate effectively, online and offline, is essential in this role.
- Determine your team’s metrics for success and align responsibilities accordingly.
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing and shipping products related to user dashboards, gamification, content navigation, our community app, etc. This includes backlog prioritization and defining product requirements.
- Own all things communication related to your product responsibilities, both internal and external.
- Work on a daily basis with a team of skilled engineers, data analysts and designers and set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the platform and the team.
- Create and manage a data driven framework to measure the success of new and existing product features (A/B testing, engagement metrics, … ).
- Develop great intuition and a deep understanding on what drives end-users through interviews, data analysis and dogfooding.
- Be a strong collaborator for our learners - understand their needs, abstract and prioritize into your roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability of product management experience; Candidate must have experience bringing a technical product from concept through launch.
- Structured and analytical thinking. You can implement and enforce a data-driven product development process. Knowledge of R, Python or SQL is required.
- You understand the importance of good communication. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Solid UI/UX instincts.
- Pragmatic and action-oriented mindset. You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
- Hands-on. You will be creating wireframes, writing functional specifications, recruiting new team members, …
- Technical background is a strong plus. If no technical background, a degree in a quantitative field is required.
In addition to joining a creative, flexible and international start-up, you’ll enjoy the following:
- A competitive salary including a company car.
- Stock options in an early stage start-up with a lot of growth potential.
- Flexibility: Want to work from home? Want to take a week off to go on holidays? Want to work different hours? We can work something out.
- Free lunch every day, when working from our Leuven office.
- Opportunity to work in an internationally focused, fast-paced technology start-up.
- Exciting job that will offer you interesting challenges every day!