DataCamp is seeking a dynamic, highly quantitative leader to be our VP of Marketing. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in key aspects of marketing, a deep understanding of the customer, and has a track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth oriented company. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will directly lead a team of professionals in the areas of campaign ops, demand gen, content, events, and email while partnering with other sales, operations, marketing and product leaders to execute on a comprehensive go to market program.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Marketing team, developing the strategic and operational framework to ensure ongoing success and company growth objectives.
- Oversee the strategy of a constant stream of content marketing and thought leadership programs/materials.
- Build and manage best-in-class Marketing/demand gen programs and optimization of Lead to Opportunity funnel.
- Develop and evaluate key performance metrics; provide CEO and leadership accurate summaries and analysis of campaigns, results and forecasts
- Provide strategic guidance, insight and knowledge about market trends, consumer attitudes, competitors and the effectiveness of the marketing strategy
- Partner with Sales to ensure alignment on strategy, resources, and KPIs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive metrics reports of our lead generation marketing campaigns, campaign efficiency and insights on future optimizations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years experience building, developing and managing marketing teams
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, demand gen and product marketing
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to consume and understand data, work with decision scientists and analysts to get to clear results and analysis to drive optimization
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join small VC-backed company with best-in-class growth
- Build out a team in short time frame
- A salary, of course (base + bonus)
- Stock options in a startup that’s growing 10% per month
- 100% of medical & dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months