Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, more than 1.8 million students around the world have completed over 87 million DataCamp exercises to date.
DataCamp's engineering team consists of several product squads, that each focus on a specific part of the product. As a junior software engineer, you will be joining one of these squads. You will work on both the front-end and the back-end, with a lot of ownership in how you spec out and develop new features and improve existing code. You will be part of a team, composed of more experienced software engineers that mentor you and actively share best practices, which will help you to even better solve team-related and technical challenges from day one.
Our ideal candidate
- Will soon obtain or has a degree in computer science.
- Can write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- Can work well in a team but is also independent and self-organized.
- Has built cool stuff before.
- Is eager to learn new things every day.
- Is based in Belgium.
- Is available as from September 2018.
It's a plus if
- You have experience with at least one modern front-end (React, Vue, Ember, ...) and/or back-end (Rails, NodeJS, Django, ...) web development framework
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI.
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You love taking ownership of a product or feature from start to finish.
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options at an early stage start-up.
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.
- A well-organized team with clear boundaries.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats every 6 months.
- Conference and hardware budget.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).