Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, more than 1.8 million students around the world have completed over 87 million DataCamp exercises to date.
DataCamp's engineering team consists of several product squads, that each focus on a specific part of the product. During the summer months, we are looking for talented students or recent graduates to join one of these squads for at least 6 weeks. You will work on front-end, back-end or both, with a lot of ownership in how you tackle technical challenges. Your team, composed of more experienced software engineers, will mentor you and share best practices, which will help you to better solve technical challenges from day one.
Some examples of previous intern projects
- Design and implementation of a timetracking system, that logs how much time people spend on each exercise. This gave is extremely valuable insights in to how people are learning and on which exercises they get stuck.
- Design and implementation of a messenger system that sends highly tailored emails to our users based on their activity on the DataCamp platform.
- Design and implementation of a referral system, so that DataCamp devotees can invite their friends to try out DataCamp, and in exchange get a discount on their premium subscription.
Our ideal candidate
- Is pursuing a degree in computer science.
- Can write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- Can work well in a team but is also independent and self-organized.
- Has built cool stuff before.
- Is eager to learn new things every day.
- Is based in Belgium.
It's a plus if
- You have experience with at least one modern front-end (React, Vue, Ember, ...) and/or back-end (Rails, NodeJS, Django, ...) web development framework.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI.
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You love taking ownership of a product or feature from start to finish.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- Full immersion in a fast-moving startup, as a fully-fledged member of a great engineering team.
- An exciting internship that will offer you technical challenges every day.
- Flexible working hours.