DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, nearly two million students around the world have completed more than 77 million DataCamp exercises to date!
We want to create an engineering team, that moves with agility, ships high-quality code and has a predictable roadmap. In the last year, we have more than doubled our team size. Therefore, DataCamp is looking for a VP of Engineering to manage our 20+ engineering team and is able to scale it in the future.
The Ideal candidate has
- Proven track record/success in delivering software.
- Experience and ability to thrive in companies with fewer than 200 people.
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 20+ engineers.
- Familiarity with modern development approaches including 3+ years experience utilizing the Agile development methodology.
- Ability to effectively estimate development efforts.
- Hands-on engineering experience with modern software stacks, cloud-based platforms, and high-stakes infrastructure.
It’s a plus if
- You have experience working in a distributed environment.
- You have experience working in a squad-based system
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a small VC-backed company with best-in-class growth
- A salary, of course
- Stock options in a startup that’s growing 10% per month
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months