No, this isn’t a hack or too good to be true. DataCamp believes education is a basic human right. While many of our Enterprise clients are academic institutions, we will never charge teachers and young adults anything for our services. We won't even ask you for your credit card. This is how you can get access to almost everything DataCamp for almost the entirety of your academic career without paying a cent:
How Students Get Free Access to DataCamp:
- Turn sixteen years old. That’s how old you need to be to make a free account on DataCamp (or thirteen if you live in the United States).
- Ask teachers to apply for DataCamp for Classrooms account so they can give you access. Remind them that it’s completely free—no credit card required. Science and math teachers are your best bet, but any teacher with an eligible school email address is eligible for the program.
- Check-in with your teachers to see if they have submitted their applications. Once they have been approved and have access to their Classroom on DataCamp, have them invite you in as a member by clicking “Invite Members,” inputting your email address, and hitting “Send Invite.”
- Find the invitation in your email inbox and click the link to join your teacher’s group (check your spam folder). If you haven’t made a DataCamp account yet, you’ll need to make one with the same email address your teacher sent the invitation to. Congratulations! You now have access to all of DataCamp’s course content (including Tableau!) until the end date of your teacher’s Classroom (six months from their active date).
- Repeat every six months or less until you’re out of school and working. You can have the same teacher reapply or spread the program to new teachers, too. There’s no limit to the number of teachers you can refer to DataCamp for Classrooms, meaning you could have a considerable positive impact on hundreds, if not thousands, of students just like yourself.
How Teachers Get Free Access to DataCamp (spoiler alert: it’s even easier)
- Apply to DataCamp for Classrooms using your valid school email address. No credit card required—ever.
- Wait 2-3 business days for an approval message. DataCamp Support may also send additional questions about you, your class, and/or your school to determine eligibility. Please respond to these emails, or we may not be able to process your application.
- Get your approval email and access your Classroom by logging into your DataCamp account and clicking Groups in the top navigation bar. Congratulations! You now have access to all of DataCamp’s course content (including Tableau!) for six months. You can start inviting students, making Teams, and assigning content.
- Repeat every six months. There’s no limit to the number of semesters you can use DataCamp for Classrooms!
Are you a student but you can’t wait on your teachers to come through in the clutch? Check out our highly-affordable Student Premium Plan. For just $149 (over 50% off the normal price), you can get a year of everything DataCamp has to offer on your terms. All you need to get this special price is a valid college or university email address.
Are you a recent graduate but still need free or affordable data science education so you can land that first job? Stay tuned to our social media channels and our promo page as we regularly sell our yearly subscriptions at steep discounts. Still need a helping hand? Visit the DataCamp Donates Partners page to see if any of our nonprofit partner organizations are operating in your community. Reach out to those organizations directly to see if you can join their membership ranks and gain access to the same great DataCamp for free.
← Back to blog