Last updated: February 26, 2020
DataCamp, Inc. and its affiliates, Data Science Central UK Ltd. and DataCamp Belgium BVBA (collectively, "DataCamp", "we" or "us") owns and operates http://www.datacamp.com/, the e-learning platform also accessible through that website, the DataCamp Community website (collectively, the "Websites"), and the related mobile application (the "App"). Subject to you providing your consent, DataCamp uses certain cookies and similar technologies whilst you are using the Websites and the App to track your activity. This Cookies Notice explains more about this.
1. What is a cookie, and what are 'similar technologies'
Cookies are pieces of text that may be provided to your computer through your web browser when you access a website. Cookies allow a website to remember your preferences, improve the user experience and tailor the adverts you see to those that are most relevant to you.
Cookies set by the website / platform owner (in this case, DataCamp) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website / platform owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website / platform (e.g. like interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website / platform in question and also when it visits certain other websites / platforms. We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. This is described in more detail below.
- To provide you with the service you have requested: We use these cookies to enable you to move around the Websites and App, and to use their features - for example, to provide secure login. On the basis that these cookies are essential in order to enable you to do these things we do not seek your consent to use them.
- To analyze and improve your browsing experience: These cookies allow us and our partners Google (through our use of Google Analytics), Wootric and Mixpanel to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Websites and App. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Websites. They also help us to quickly identify and fix any issues that arise on the Websites and the App.
- To show ads that are relevant to your interests: These cookies allow us and our advertising partners Google, Facebook, Bing, Quora and LinkedIn to show advertisements and promotions we think will interest you. If you switch off this option, you may still see our advertisements on these platforms, but they will not be specific to your profile.
- To provide you with a better browsing experience based on the choices you make: We use these cookies to remember choices you make, such as, the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
3. What is the lifespan of the cookies
The specific types of first and third party cookies served on the Websites and App, the purposes they perform and the durations for which they last are described in our cookie table: https://www.datacamp.com/privacy-policy/cookie_table
4. How can I control cookies
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies at any time by clicking here.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://preferences-mgr.truste.com. There you will find links for resources specifically for citizens of the United States, Canada, and the European Union.
If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our Website though your access to some functionality and areas of our Website may be restricted.
5. Any questions