In October of 2021, we launched our Data Maturity Assessment which helps teams and organizations identify where they are on the data maturity spectrum. Since then, we’ve heard from hundreds of data leaders and practitioners about how their organization is transforming and adapting to the era of data literacy.
The path to data literacy consists of a four-stage maturity spectrum that starts with Data Reactive, Data Scaling, Data Progressive, and finally, Data Literate. In order to advance from one stage to the next, five key levers require continuous monitoring and investment. These five levers are what we call the IPTOP framework.
- Infrastructure: A scalable data infrastructure that ensures data is collected, discoverable, reliable, understood, compliant, and actionable throughout the organization.
- People: Forging a data-driven culture where all employees understand the value of data and have the skills to work with data regardless of role (that does not mean everyone needs to code!).
- Tools: The tools, software, and systems data practitioners use and how to drive further data democratization with frameworks that reduce entry barriers to working with data.
- Organizations: How data talent is organized, developed, and fostered, and adoption of organizational models that promote scalable data science throughout the organization.
- Processes: The processes data experts and teams adopt to make their work more predictable and collaborative and to ensure alignment with business objectives.
The Data Maturity Assessment helped hundreds of organizations understand where they lie on the data maturity spectrum. This is why we’re very excited to announce a four-part webinar series spanning all of August dedicated to covering the ins and outs of data maturity and how your organization can become data-driven.
What to Expect in Data Maturity Webinar Series
In our four-part data maturity webinar series, we’ll deep-dive into how you can advance on the data maturity spectrum. Here are the different sessions you can expect:
The 5 Dimensions of Data Maturity—August 4, 11 AM ET
In this session, we will set the stage for how to approach data maturity at your organization. We will discuss how investments in infrastructure, people, tools, organization, and processes, can help you march down the path of data maturity. Moreover, we will discuss how to make the most of the data maturity assessment and how to use it as you guide your organization’s data maturity.
The Infrastructure Component of Data Maturity—August 11, 11 AM ET
In this session, we will discuss how the central philosophy of infrastructure investments when becoming data-driven is about democratized, governed data access for anyone interacting with data. We will showcase concepts and examples of data infrastructure across the maturity spectrum and outline north star examples from data-driven organizations such as Airbnb, Netflix, and more.
The People & Organization Component of Data Maturity—August 18, 11 AM ET
As a foundational element of the IPTOP framework, investing in people’s capabilities and ability to work with data in their day-to-day is paramount for ensuring all other investments in becoming data-driven have a return on investment. Throughout the session, we will outline how to accelerate data culture and literacy across the maturity spectrum, examples of upskilling programs that work for data skills, how to drive excitement around upskilling, how to organize data teams across maturity stages, and more.
The Tools and Processes Component of Data Maturity—August 25, 11 AM ET
In this final session of our data maturity webinar series, we will cover in great detail how data tools and better processes can be leveraged across the data maturity spectrum. As supporting layers of the IPTOP framework, investing in the tools and processes that allow people to do their best work with data is essential to making it to the final stages of data maturity.
Throughout the session, we will discuss an organization’s relationship with tools across the maturity spectrum, how it enables democratized data insights, how to set up processes that work across the data team, and more.
How You Can Sign Up
We’re very excited to share what we’ve learned from the Data Maturity Assessment and uncover how your organization can advance on the data maturity spectrum. Sign up for the data maturity webinar series using the links below.
- The 5 Dimensions of Data Maturity—August 4, 11 AM ET
- The Infrastructure Component of Data Maturity—August 11, 11 AM ET
- The People & Organization Component of Data Maturity—August 18, 11 AM ET
- The Tools and Processes Component of Data Maturity—August 25, 11 AM ET