Free DataCamp for your Classroom
We want to support every student that wants to learn Data Science. That is why, as of today, professors/teachers/TA’s/… can give their students 6 months of FREE access to the full DataCamp course curriculum when used in the classroom.
Now, what is the added value of using DataCamp for your classrom? Here's a list of the benefits for students as well as instructors:
1) Learning Data Science: Student Benefits
When you set up your DataCamp for the classroom account, each student will automatically have full access to the entire course curriculum (>250 hours). This includes access to premium courses such as:
- Introduction to R and Python for Data Science
- Writing functions in R (Hadley Wickham, RStudio)
- Introduction to Data Visualization with Python (Bryan Van de Ven, Bokeh)
- pandas Foundation (Continuum Analytics)
- and more. (See full course curriculum)
In addition, students can participate in leaderboards and private discussion forums with their fellow classmates.
2) Teaching Data Science: Professor/Instructors/Teacher/... Benefits
Via DataCamp for the classroom, the instructor has access to all our handy group features:
- Progress Tracking: Track each of your student’s progress in detail. You can see for example how many XP points they have gained, the number of courses completed and total chapters finished.
- Assignments & Deadlines: Save yourself time via automated grading. Automatically set homework using assignment and deadlines throughout the semester.
- Export Data: Get all of your student’s data via the export functionality. See in depth how active students are on DataCamp, when they started and completed chapters, and use this data to make your own analysis.
- Learning Management System Integration: Seamlessly integrate DataCamp with your universities learning management system (Sakai, Blackboard, Canvas…). Automatically send student assignment completion data where it is expected to be found.
3) Get Started
Get started with DataCamp for the classroom and join professors from Duke University, Notre-Dame, Harvard, University College London, UC Berkeley and much more, in learning data science by doing with DataCamp.