Are you trying to build a data science or analytics team in your organization, but not sure where to start? We compiled a list of some of our favorite articles and resources on the topic. Here you’ll find advice on hiring, resource allocation, team structure and responsibilities. You’ll also get tips on strengthening and scaling your current data science team. Here’s 16 articles to get you started.
- So you want to build a data science team? - VentureBeat
- - Booz Allen Hamilton
- Three Essential Components of a Successful Data Science Team - KDNuggets
- Building Data Science Teams - DJ Patil (O’Reilly)
- 9 Tips for Building Data Science Teams - Georgian Partners
- Doing Data Science Right - FirstRound
- Don’t look for unicorns, build a data science team - CIO
- 5 Tips for Building a Great Data Science Team - Forbes
- Building a Data Science Team - A Moneyball Approach - Vijay Bhat
- How To Win The Hiring War for Data Scientists - FastCompany
- How to Consistently Hire Remarkable Data Scientists - FirstRound
- Using R packages and education to scale Data Science at Airbnb - Ricardo Bion (Data Science @Airbnb)
- 3 changes that will strengthen your data science team - VentureBeat
- The Data Science Industry: Who Does What (Infographic) - DataCamp
- Seven traits of successful Data Science teams - Teradata
- 4 Online Data Science Options for Your Team - KDNuggets
About DataCamp for Groups
DataCamp is the first online learning platform that focuses on building the best learning experience specifically for Data Science. We have trained over 470,000 (aspiring) data scientists in over 150 countries.
We have partnerships with both companies (Microsoft, Kaggle, RStudio, etc. ) and professors from best-in-class academic institutions (Princeton, Duke and University of Washington). Our courses are developed with best-in-class instructors from the R and Python community including Hadley Wickham, Max Kuhn, Matt Dowle, and more!
DataCamp for Groups is the most scalable, cost efficient way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. It allows managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in one simple dashboard. For $250/seat/year your team will get access to over 350 video and 1200 interactive exercises, totalling over 120 hours of engaging content covering every step of the data science workflow. This is 5x more R and Python focused data science content than other sites like Lynda.com at a fraction of the cost of live instructors and in-person training. Our interactive courses see completion rates that are 6x higher than traditional online classes meaning your team will be engaged and motivated to complete their training.