With 2022 nearing its end and our sights set on 2023, we wanted to share the roundup of our favorite content pieces from the year. Whether you're a seasoned data professional looking to stay up-to-date on the latest tools and techniques, a newcomer looking to break into the exciting field of data science, or a leader looking to scale your organization’s data culture, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we'll highlight our top cheat sheets, articles, live trainings, DataFramed episodes, and webinars of 2022. We will also share our top picks for resources on breaking into data, building a data culture, and hiring and retaining data teams. Let’s dive in!
Top 2022 resources to sharpen your data skills
Our top cheat sheets from 2022
- Pandas Cheat Sheet: Maximize your pandas learning journey with our comprehensive cheat sheet, covering everything from the basics of importing data in pandas to advanced data manipulation functions.
- NumPy Cheat Sheet: Take your NumPy learning to the next level with our handy cheat sheet, featuring a wealth of information on array manipulation, indexing, and linear algebra with NumPy
- Machine Learning Cheat Sheet: In this conceptual cheat sheet, advance your machine learning expertise by learning key algorithms, when to use them, advantages and disadvantages, and more.
- Power BI Cheat Sheet: Keep this cheat sheet with you throughout your Power BI learning journey, covering everything from basic visualizations to dashboarding with Power BI
- SQL Basics Cheat Sheet: Get up to speed on SQL quickly and easily with our handy cheat sheet, covering essential commands, data types, and functions for working with databases
- Data Visualization Cheat Sheet: Bring your data to life with our comprehensive cheat sheet on data visualization, featuring key visualizations, when to use them, and their common use-cases.
- Power BI Dax Cheat Sheet: Unlock the full potential of Power BI with our comprehensive cheat sheet on DAX, the powerful expression language for creating calculated columns and measures in Power BI.
- Machine Learning with Scikit Learn in Python Cheat Sheet: Master machine learning with Python and Scikit Learn with our comprehensive cheat sheet, featuring key algorithms, techniques, and best practices for building predictive models with Scikit Learn
- Tableau Cheat Sheet: Sharpen your Tableau skills with our comprehensive cheat sheet, featuring key concepts, best practices, and tips for creating effective visualizations and dashboards with Tableau
- SQL Joins Cheat Sheet: Strengthen your ability to combine data from multiple tables in SQL with our handy cheat sheet on SQL joins, featuring key concepts, syntax, and examples for inner, left, right, and cross joins with SQL
- Git Cheat Sheet: Maximize your productivity with Git with our comprehensive cheat sheet, covering the basics of using Git for data science workflows.
- Descriptive Statistics Cheat Sheet: Gain a conceptual understanding of descriptive statistics with this cheat sheet, covering key concepts, formulas, and examples for summarizing and interpreting data with any tool or framework
- Data Storytelling Cheat Sheet: Transform your data into compelling narratives with our comprehensive cheat sheet on data storytelling, featuring key concepts, best practices, and tips for crafting effective data stories with any tool or framework
- Data Cleaning Checklist: Start off data projects with confidence using this comprehensive checklist for data cleaning, featuring key steps and best practices for identifying and resolving issues with your data
Our top articles from 2022
- Top programming languages for data scientists in 2022: Which programming should you learn for breaking into data? Stay ahead of the curve and learn about the top programming languages for data scientists in 2022 with our comprehensive guide.
- A Beginner's Guide to GPT-3: Unlock the power of GPT-3 with our beginner-friendly guide. From key concepts and applications to tips and best practices, you'll learn everything you need to know to get started with GPT-3 and advance your natural language processing skills
- Top 10 Data Visualization Books: Expand your knowledge and skills in data visualization with our curated list of the top 10 books on the subject. From data visualization fundamentals to data storytelling best practices, we have you covered.
- Top 9 Power BI Dashboard Examples: Get inspired and learn from the best with our collection of the top 9 Power BI dashboard examples. Check out the list of dashboards covering different use cases and industries.
- How to Create Date Tables in Power BI Tutorial: Learn how to create date tables in Power BI with our step-by-step tutorial. Sharpen your Power BI skills by following the tutorial.
- Predicting FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Winners: We used Elo Ratings to predict who will likely win the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Winners — recreate the analysis yourself.
- Python pandas tutorial: The ultimate guide for beginners: Learn about pandas in this comprehensive tutorial and guide.
- Creating Stories in Tableau: Data storytelling is one of the most important skills in data. Learn about how to create effective stories using Tableau.
- The 15 Basic Excel Formulas Everyone Needs to Know: Excel is the most widely used data tool on the planet. Learn about the top 15 formulas everyone should know on Excel.
- Julia Programming Tutorial For Beginners: Read this comprehensive introductory tutorial to master the fundamentals of Julia.
- Machine Learning, Pipelines, Deployment, and MLOps Tutorial: Learn basic MLOps and end-to-end development and deployment of ML pipelines.
- Running Python Scripts in Power BI Tutorial: Discover the different ways you can use Python to optimize data analysis, visualization, and modeling in Power BI.
- How to Concatenate in Tableau Tutorial: Learn to concatenate multiple strings and non-string fields with this visual guide.
- How to Execute SQL Queries in Python and R Tutorial: Learn easy and effective ways to run SQL queries in Python and R for data analysis and database management.
- Power BI Tutorial for Beginners: Learn the basics of Power BI and how to create a basic report with this step-by-step tutorial.
Our top live trainings from 2022
- Data Visualization in Python for Absolute Beginners: In this live training, get acquainted with the Plotly express package in Python and develop the fundamentals for data visualization.
- Analyzing Streaming Service Content in SQL: In this live training, sharpen your SQL skills and gain insights into the performance of a streaming service provider like Netflix.
- Exploring World Cup Data in Power BI: In this live training, deep dive into World Cup Data and uncover patterns in team performance by visualizing insights using Power BI.
- Analyzing Students' Mental Health in SQL: Develop your SQL skills further by analyzing student mental health data using aggregations, filters, and more.
- Analyzing a Marketing Funnel in Spreadsheets: Marketing funnel analysis is one of the most common use cases for marketing analytics. Learn the workflow from A to Z in this beginner spreadsheet live training.
- Exploring World Cup Data in Python: In this live training, strengthen your Python skills by deep diving into World Cup Data, and uncover patterns in team performance with data manipulation packages like pandas.
- Julia for Absolute Beginners: In this beginner live training, gain the fundamentals of Julia and learn why it could be the next programing language to learn for further career success.
- Where is Will? Exploring Cell Phone Data in Tableau: In this session, leverage Tableau dashboarding and data visualization skills to analyze cell phone data and track the daily routines of a mobile phone user, Will.
Top 2022 resources for breaking into data
- How to Become a Data Engineer in 2023: 5 Steps for Career Success: In this article, discover how to become a data engineer and learn the essential skills. Develop your knowledge and portfolio to prepare for the data engineer interview.
- Power BI vs. Tableau: Which Should You Choose in 2023?: Power BI or Tableau? A question faced by many data and business intelligence analysts today. This comparison will help you decide which of these tools to use for your data science and analytics needs.
- The DataFramed Careers Series — In this four-episode special series of DataFramed, we chat with four different experts on best practices for breaking into data, optimizing a portfolio project, how writing can accelerate a data career, and how to ace the data science interview.
- Radar Session—Data Science Certification: Is It Worth It? In this session from our inaugural Radar conference, VP of Curriculum at DataCamp Maggie Remynse, and VP of Certification at DataCamp Vicky Kennedy, discuss how to approach data science certifications and whether it’s the right choice for you.
- Rada Session—Acing the Data Science Interview: In another Radar session, Jay Feng, CEO of Interview Query, will outline how to approach technical interviews for data roles.
- Radar Session —Ask a Hiring Manager: In this Radar session, Director of Analytics at DataCamp Jorge Vasquez and VP of Data Science at Gojek, Syafri Bahar, will outline what drives successful applicants to stand out from the crowd
- How to become a business analyst — In this webinar, Carl Rosseel, Head of BI curriculum at DataCamp, discusses best practices for becoming a business analyst.
- How to become a data analyst — In this webinar, Sara Billen, Data Scientist at DataCamp, discusses how best to break into the data analyst role and provides practical steps for standing out from the crowd.
Top 2022 resources for building a data culture
- Be Data Literate: The Data Literacy Everyone Needs to Succeed—In this webinar with Jordan Morrow, data literacy pioneer, learn about data literacy and how to be more data-driven as an individual or organization.
- Data Literacy: A How-to Guide for Leaders—In this webinar with Cindi Howson, Chief Data Strategy Officer at ThoughSpot, we provide an in-depth discussion on how leaders should approach building data literacy and fluency within their workforce.
- Building Data Literacy in Federal Agencies—In this webinar, the Chief of the Analytics Community Outreach Branch in the United States Air Force, Bryan Fagan, and the Director of the Digital Workforce program in the US Space Force, Bryan Irish, discuss approaches to building data culture and skills in government agencies and the challenges and opportunities of democratizing data in government
- Inside CBRE’s Data Literacy Program—In this webinar, Emily Hayward, Data & Digital Change Manager at CBRE, provides an overview of CBRE’s data literacy journey and how they're transforming their workforce to become a people-centric, intelligence-led organization.
- Avoiding Pitfalls in Data Democratization—In this webinar, Jorge Vasquez, the Director of Analytics at DataCamp, gives an overview of common pitfalls in democratizing data insights and scaling a data culture in organizations.
- Data Skills to Future-Proof Your Organization—In this webinar, ICT SkillNet's Anthony McCauley discusses how they're training the next generation of data and AI leaders in Ireland and how your organization can stay competitive in the AI marketplace.
- Democratizing Data with Power BI—In this webinar, join DataCamp Power BI instructors on how Power BI can accelerate an organization's data culture, best practices for using Power BI, and the Data Analyst in Power BI career track on DataCamp.
- Case Study: How Allianz Upskilled 6,000+ Employees with DataCamp—In this case study, learn how Allianz successfully upskilled over 6,000 employees worldwide and leveraged personalized learning with custom DataCamp projects.
- How to Create a Data Storytelling Culture—In this session, data storytelling expert and author Brent Dykes, outlines how data storytelling can help your organization create a data culture and improve its data literacy.
- How Salesforce Created a High-Impact Data Science Organization—In this DataFramed episode, Anjali Samani, VP of Data Science at Salesforce, discusses how to create a high-impact data science function.
- Successful Frameworks for Scaling Data Maturity—In this DataFramed episode, Games Kesari, CEO of Gramener, breaks down how organizations can scale the data maturity curve and become data-driven.
- Building Data Literacy at Starbucks— In this DataFramed episode, Megan Brown, Director of Data Literacy and Knowledge Management at Starbucks, discusses what they have done to forge data culture and data literacy at Starbucks.
- Building a Holistic Data Science Function at New York Life Insurance—In this DataFramed episode, Glenn Hofmann, Chief Data & Analytics Officer at New York Life Insurance, discusses how he built a 50-person data science and AI function, how they utilize skillsets to offer different career paths for data scientists, and much more.
Top 2022 resources for hiring & retaining data teams
- How Data Leaders Can Build an Effective Talent Strategy—In this DataFramed episode, Kyle Winterbottom, CEO of Orbition, discusses how data leaders can optimize their talent strategy heading into 2023.
- How to Build a Data Science Team from Scratch—In this discussion, Elettra Damaggio, Director for Global Data Science at StoneX, discusses how she approached building a data science team from scratch and shares her best practices.
- Radar—Building and Scaling Remote Data Teams—In this panel, Director of Engineering at Datadog Wouter De Bie, and Senior VP & Head of Lawrence Harvey New York, Mariano Allegra, will discuss the ins and outs of building vibrant remote data teams.
- Radar—Hiring and Building High-Impact Data Teams—In this panel, Chief Data Officer at Capital One, Daniel Kellet, and Senior Director of Data Science at Johnson & Johnson Curren Katz, will outline the keys to building high-impact data teams.
- Radar—The Rise of Hybrid Jobs & The Future of Data Careers—In this talk, Matt Sigelman, President of the Burning Glass Institute and Chairman of Lightcast, will discuss how data skills are becoming part of every profession and how organizations and individuals can adapt to a shifting skills economy.
- Radar—Employer Branding for Data Talent When You’re Not a FAANG—In this panel, HR leaders at leading organizations, such as Kaizen Gaming, Wayfair, and Microsoft, will outline key strategies for improving employer branding for data talent.
- Radar—Hiring & Retaining Data Talent in 2022—In this panel, VP of Data at Momentive.ai, Meenal Iyer, and Chief Analytics Officer at New York Life Insurance, Glenn Hofmann, will guide us through the ins and outs of hiring and retaining data talent in 2022.
- How to Build and Recruit World-Class Data Teams—We’re joined by DataCamp's Director of Analytics, Jorge Vasquez, where he discusses what it takes to build effective data teams, recruit the best talent, challenges faced by hiring managers, and how DataCamp can help.
2022 has proven to be an incredible year of data. We hope with this roundup, you have the confidence to enter the new year with more knowledge and resources than ever. For more ways to sharpen your skills and data knowledge, check out the following materials: