In 1847, the Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweis made a breakthough discovery: he discovers handwashing. Contaminated hands was a major cause of childbed fever and by enforcing handwashing at his hospital he saved hundreds of lives.
- 1Meet Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis
- 2The alarming number of deaths
- 3Death at the clinics
- 4The handwashing begins
- 5The effect of handwashing
- 6The effect of handwashing highlighted
- 7More handwashing, fewer deaths?
- 8A statistical analysis of Semmelweis handwashing data
- 9The fate of Dr. Semmelweis
Data Science Lead at castle.io