Using data collected from the State of Iowa, you will group, summarize, and visualize data on breath alcohol tests in Ames, Iowa, (home of Iowa State University) from 2013-2017. Some questions you will answer include, "What is the highest recorded value?" and "When do breath alcohol tests occur most?"
- 1Breath alcohol tests in Ames, Iowa, USA
- 2What is the busiest police department in Ames?
- 3Nothing Good Happens after 2am
- 4Breathalyzer tests by month
- 6Above the legal limit
- 7Breathalyzer tests: is there a pattern over time?
- 8Looking at timelines
- 9The end of VEISHEA
Postdoctoral Research Associate at Iowa State University
Sam Tyner is a Postdoctoral Research Associate for the Center for Statistics and Applications in Forensic Evidence (a NIST center of excellence) working on human factors in statistical evidence presentation to juries, as well as outreach and education. She earned her PhD in Statistics at Iowa State University in 2017. You can find her on Twitter at @sctyner.