To better understand the growth and impact of Bitcoin and other [cryptocurrencies](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency) you will, in this project, explore the *market capitalization* of different cryptocurrencies. **Warning: The cryptocurrency market is exceptionally volatile, and any money you put in might disappear into thin air. Never invest money you can't afford to lose.**
- 1Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies: Full dataset, filtering, and reproducibility
- 2Discard the cryptocurrencies without a market capitalization
- 3How big is Bitcoin compared with the rest of the cryptocurrencies?
- 4Making the plot easier to read and more informative
- 5What is going on?! Volatility in cryptocurrencies
- 6Well, we can already see that things are *a bit* crazy
- 7Ok, those are... interesting. Let's check the weekly Series too.
- 8How small is small?
- 9Most coins are tiny
Director Data Science at multilayer.io
I am a scientist in the private sector. I do not like the data scientist title much though. What kind of scientist does not use data? I worked in genomics, video games and now fintech.