Loved by learners at thousands of companies
In this project, you'll learn all about Halloween candy! You'll start off by exploring FiveThirtyEight's Halloween Candy dataset (one of many fun datasets they provide) and figuring out what kinds of data it contains. Then you'll fit and evaluate linear and logistic regression models. Get ready for a scary fun time!
- 1Importing packages and data
- 2Explore the distributions of categorical variables
- 3Taking a look at pricepercent
- 4Exploring winpercent (part i)
- 5Exploring winpercent (part ii)
- 6Exploring the correlation structure
- 7Fitting a linear model of winpercent
- 8Evaluating the linear model
- 9Fit a logistic regression model of chocolate
- 10Evaluate the logistic regression model
Nick SolomonSee More
Nick has a degree in mathematics with a concentration in statistics from Reed College. He's worked on many data science projects in the past, doing everything from mapping crime data to developing new kinds of models for social networks. He's currently a data scientist in the New York City area.