Loved by learners at thousands of companies
Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, or Tyrion Lannister? Who is the most important character in Game of Thrones? Let's see what mathematics can tell us about this!
In this project, you will look at the character co-occurrence network and its evolution over the five books in R.R. Martin's hugely popular book series A Song of Ice and Fire (perhaps better known as the TV show Game of Thrones). You will look at how the importance of the characters changes over the books using different centrality measures.
- 1Winter is Coming. Let's load the dataset ASAP!
- 2Time for some Network of Thrones
- 3Populate the network with the DataFrame
- 4The most important character in Game of Thrones
- 5The evolution of character importance
- 6What's up with Stannis Baratheon?
- 7What does Google PageRank tell us about GoT?
- 8Correlation between different measures
Data science enthusiast
Mridul is trying to understand the world around us using data and tools from network science, currently at Oxford. He is an open source enthusiast and has been selected for Google Summer of Code, and is involved with NumFOCUS. He has given multiple tutorials at PyCon, PyData, and EuroScipy to share his love of Python and network science.