Where Would You Open a Chipotle?
Create and explore interactive maps using Leaflet to determine where to open the next Chipotle.Start Project
11 Tasks1,500 XP
Loved by learners at thousands of companies
Believe it or not, there is a state in the continental United States without a Chipotle! In this Project, you'll explore real data on every Chipotle to identify this state. Then you'll scout out the next Chipotle location using interactive maps and external data to compare proposed locations on several important factors, such as proximity to current Chipotle locations, the distribution of the state's population, and the distance from interstates and tourist attractions.
To complete this Project, you should be comfortable using the tidyverse and leaflet in R.
The data for this Project was provided by Thinknum, an alternative data provider focused on generating insights off the web.
- 1Chipotle locations from Thinknum
- 2Do Chipotle stores ever close?
- 3How many Chipotle stores have closed?
- 4Where are (and aren't) there Chipotles?
- 5Which States have the fewest Chipotles?
- 6How many States in the US?
- 7Where to open a Chipotle I
- 8Where to open a Chipotle II
- 9Where to open a Chipotle III
- 10Where to open a Chipotle IV
- 11Where should the next Chipotle be opened?
Rich MajerusSee More
Assistant Vice President at Colby College
Rich Majerus is Assistant Vice President of Donor Relations and Advancement Strategy at Colby College. At Colby, he develops new approaches to modeling and visualizing fundraising data. He regularly teaches R workshops and is listed in RStudio’s directory of instructors. Prior to his work at Colby, Rich was a founder of Third Coast Analytics, a successful and profitable data science consulting firm (Third Coast’s IP was acquired by Capture Higher Ed in 2016).